Showing the single result
Vasyli Prior Sports Orthotics
LOW-PROFILE SPORTS ORTHOTICThe association between VASYLI Medical and Trevor Prior, a UK podiatric surgeon and sports podiatrist, goes back many years. When asked about any gaps in the availability of prefabricated orthotics, Trevor immediately suggested the need for a low-profile cleated sports footwear device. It’s uniquely challenging to accommodate an orthotic device with this style of footwear. The lack of heel depth, tight glove-like fit, soft leather, and narrow and flat profile of the stud/cleat plate all contribute to a difficult environment in which to control the foot. Nonetheless, Trevor felt there was a need to provide a cost-effective alternative for recreational, amateur, and professional athletes. By utilizing sophisticated in-shoe sensor technology to optimize design, Trevor created an orthotic profile that enhances fit and biomechanical performance. The VASYLI + Prior sports orthotic is an essential addition to the VASYLI Signature orthotic range.
THE VASYLI + PRIOR INCORPORATES SEVERAL INTRINSIC DESIGN FEATURES:
- A subtle 4mm heel raise is perfect for tight posterior muscles and associated conditions such as Achilles tendinitis.
- The rearfoot post of 3° + the 4mm raise forms a smart medial wedge, giving control without the “bulk.”
- A low-profile medial arch contour ensures comfort, while the high-density heat-moldable shell provides further customization, enhancing fit and performance.
- The intrinsic forefoot contours balance the unique forefoot loads experienced with studs or cleats. It further enhances 1st ray plantar flexion, facilitating hallux dorsiflexion.
- This in turn assists in instigating the windlass mechanism — promoting high-gear propulsion, stabilizing the forefoot, and locking the midfoot for maximum power transfer during heel up and toe off.